Training Event Details
Incident Tactical Dispatcher Training (INTD) All-Hazards
An Incident Tactical Dispatcher is a specially trained individual qualified to operate away from the dispatch center in a command post, base camp or at the incident scene. Incident Tactical Dispatchers leverage the multi-tasking, communication, accountability and documentation skills of successful telecommunicators to provide public safety communications expertise and support at planned events and extended incidents such as hostage situations, multi-alarm fires, search and rescue operations, bombings, and active shooter incidents. This course provides a basic understanding for the roles and responsibilities of an incident tactical dispatcher working in a tactical environment. This course is taught by OEC/ICTAP instructors who have both dispatch and communications unit experience. The course provides a realistic, hands-on approach to mastering the tasks and skills of an Incident Tactical Dispatcher.
1) A public safety background with three years of experience in dispatch operations - or - RADO and 1 year experience in dispatch operations
2) Awareness of fundamental public safety communications technology
3) Completion of the OEC Communications Unit Awareness web-based course
4) Completion of IS-100.b, IS-144, IS-200.b, IS-700.a, and IS-800.b
** ICS-300, Intermediate Incident Command System (ICS) for Expanding Incidents, is also
Course Target Audience:
Experienced Dispatchers who are familiar with the Incident Command System
1) This course is four days long with an end of course INTD exercise on the fourth day.
2) It is limited to 20 students.
3) Each attendee participates in hands-on training exercises and receives a position task book
4) For additional information please contact Stephanie Coffey: email@example.com
5) Registration is not complete until all documentation has been received and verified by Denise Pavlik. Admittance is limited to 20 qualified applicants. If more than 20 qualified personnel apply, final determination of student attendance will be announced by the Statewide Interoperability Coordinator, Chris Maiers.
11/26/2018 through 11/29/2018
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day
Monticello Public Safety Building
20 E 1st St
County and District:
JONES - District: 6
Is Sponsored by HSEMD?
Is HSEMD Hosting Registration?
To register for the course please click the following link https://goo.gl/forms/xCfUn0JRBN4z1YUq1 and submit your registration along with scanned copies of all prerequisite Certificates of Completions for IS prerequisite courses.