Training Event Details
MGT 341 Disaster Preparedness for Hospital and Healthcare Organizations within the Community Infra
The Disaster Preparedness for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations Within The Community Infrastructure course provides information specific to hospitals and organizations vulnerability to a disaster. Participants will be introduced to the various natural, technological, and civil hazards to which hospitals and healthcare organizations may be vulnerable and the potential impacts of those hazards.
Federal guidelines and legislation that serve to aid in the preparedness for, and response to, incidents involving these hazards are discussed, as are current emergency management standards for the hospital community. Participants review response and recovery issues that should be addressed by medical facilities and organizations in preparation for a large-scale incident, including identification of critical resources necessary for response and recovery.
1) There are no required prerequisites for this course.
2) Recommended prerequisites: IS 100, IS 700.A, and IS 800 available at http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp
Course Target Audience:
- Hospital and healthcare industry managers
- Department heads, directors, assistant directors, and senior medical staff
- Personnel responsible for, or contributing to, emergency preparedness planning
- Regulatory personnel
- Public health or health department personnel
- Mental health managers and personnel
- Nursing home managers
- Local emergency management directors/managers
- Emergency services managers/administrators
1) Prior to course delivery, all participants are required to establish a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID). https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/
2) Participants must complete enrollment information through the TEEX student portal https://teex.org/class/MGT341/
3) Travel and meals are on your own
4) Facility questions contact Travis.Beckman@jecc-ema.org, (319) 356-6762
Please follow the current CDC guidelines, and if you feel ill, have a temperature, or have a sore throat, stay home
10/5/2022 through 10/6/2022
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day
Johnson County JECC/EMA
4529 Melrose Ave
County and District:
JOHNSON - District: 6
Is Sponsored by HSEMD?
Is HSEMD Hosting Registration?