Training Event Details
Rescue Task Force - Hostile Event Interdiction: Unified Response by Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS
The Preparedness of State and Local Law enforcement, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services is one of the major initiatives of the United States Department of Homeland Security. Students from Law Enforcement, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services will learn the tactics, techniques and procedures, specific to a unified small group response as a rescue task force during the interdiction phase of a terrorist driven, active shooter or any active hostile incident. Students will have daily practical exercises as well as written exams throughout the 3 day curriculum. The course is the response to a neutralized or mitigated active shooter or hostile event; where Law Enforcement, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services students learn to unify as a rescue task force and conduct force protection while setting up casualty collection points as an integrated response.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT FOR COURSE:
- Medical Trauma and Triage Equipment (Not to be used. Simulation Only)
- Duty uniform or training fatigues (3 days of training)
- Patrol rifle if issued / issued duty weapon
- Duty gear (pistol belt and holster)
- Range gear (eye and ear protection)
- Ballistic vest
- Go Bag if issued
Course Target Audience:
The course is open to Emergency Management, Law Enforcement, Military personnel, Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Services ONLY
1) Course includes - Student manual - Conversion kits for duty weapons (for force on force scenarios) - Simunition® for scenario training
2) Catered lunch on day three only (pending final approval)
3) Lodging reimbursement is available for those that travel an excess of 50 miles to attend training; at the state lodging rate of $65 + tax per night
4) All other travel expenses are on your own.
12/13/2021 through 12/15/2021
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day
William Penn University
201 W Trueblood Ave
County and District:
MAHASKA - District: 5
Is Sponsored by HSEMD?
Is HSEMD Hosting Registration?
3 out of 30 seats remaining